This month I got interested in mining cryptocurrency - for obvious reasons - and chose to mine some Monero. A few of my VPS's are running the sofware. It's fun to see how fast they're going. I went on benchmarking some devices, like a VPS, a Raspberry Pi and a laptop. Results will be pushed to monerobenchmarks.info. For now I want to share some solutions to errors I ran into while compiling for OSX.
The Monero miner I use can be found on github.com/OhGodAPet/cpuminer-multi.
First up is solution for the libcurl library. In configure.ac, comment out these lines:
LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,
AC_MSG_ERROR([Missing required libcurl >= 7.15.2]))
This was taken from an issue in a bitcoin miner.
Next up, edit Makefile.am and remove these arguments for AM_CFLAGS:
This will prevent errors for unsupported options. Else you get errors like "clang: error: unknown argument:", as discussed here.
Now you should be able to do something like this:
port install libtool autoconf automake curl
git clone https://github.com/OhGodAPet/cpuminer-multi.git
CFLAGS="-Ofast -march=native" ./configure
Mining can be done with the command:
/minerd -a cryptonight -o pool-address -u monero-address -p x -t 4
Next up for benchmarking are my phone and TV.